Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Denver International Airport

I dropped my phone one too many times.
Yet another kiosk exploration. My friend's flight was delayed about a year ago. So what is someone like me to do? EXPLORE. 
Just outside the "Denver Welcome/Info Area" or whatever it's called. I noticed a kiosk. What caught my eye first was the Internet Explorer 404 page.
I just couldn't resist. Please forgive the old blurry photos.


Welcome to blurry Denver!

Here is a picture of the location. A nice little welcoming area for all you ski bums and whatnot. As you can see by the first picture, it is running Internet Explorer, with either Vista, or Windows 7. Maybe even a version of Win7Embedded. There is some sort of touch screen keyboard doohickey that probably just connects to all those nifty "F" keys. (F1, F2. F3, etc...) 

 
Not an obvious antenna or anything.
Here we can see that it is a wireless kiosk. Most likely utilizing Wireless-N tech, judging by it's age. I didn't run a network scan that day, because, as you may imagine, I started to gather lots of attention taking pictures of this thing. I would assume (more like hope) it was being feed from a non-broadcasted SSID. Also in this picture, you can see that there is a hole for a speaker.

Let's revisit IRLDOS, shall we?
Just a standard outlet. 110AC. There was also some cord, I don't know what the cord was for, but it was wrapped up and tucked away. Pretty easy to DOS this thing, no?
By the time I snapped this picture, someone had come from the back area, looked me up and down, and went back into his office. I took this as a cue to just keep exploring the airport. (Have you seen that weird art there?)

Maybe a quick prepared trip during a rush season with an iPad, real camera, and an autorun enabled USB stick is in order? Maybe. Or maybe I can make it browse to this address: iKat. (Some firewalls will block that site, just Google it.)

Never underestimate the power of a bored hacker type.

1 comment:

  1. Think that they would have kicked you out for exercising your freedoms :P This made me giggle the person from the back coming out and giving you the one over and leaving again... Probably just thought that that was enough to scare you away. I like it though, even though I don't understand all the terminology that was used I enjoyed reading the post.

    ReplyDelete